Thursday, January 6, 2011

Washing Dishes

Chores like washing dishes are something that cannot be avoided by a normal family like mine. I enjoy cooking but I don’t like doing dishes after a nice supper while my dear hubby eats whatever I cooked but he cannot stand a messy kitchen.
I cook almost every evening and leave the dishes for about two days so that I will have enough dirty dishes for the dish washer. I had this kind of house work schedule for over 12 years and I thought it works quite well for us until two days ago. My hubby went in kitchen to wash dishes himself right after dinner which indeed surprised me. For over a decade since I have known him, he is a devoted follower of one of the Chinese old sayings “A superior man keeps kitchen at a distance”. I start to realize how unbearable anymore for him to see dirty dishes in the sink for even one day.  

It is maybe great for most of the ladies if their husband likes doing dishes often. But it is definitly not ok for me. I will be bothered badly if I see my husband working in the kitchen. Besides I don't easily trust others to wash my belongings not even my husband. So last night after dinner I told my dear hubby that "ok from now on, I will clean the kitchen every day based on the condition that you have to initiate the move first right after dinner" Since to me as long as I see him in the kitchen, I will lose my easiness wherever I am.
I admit it is hard to do dishes every evening, however it worthies every effort once you see the pleasant kitchen the next morning.

1 comment: